Junior Challenge “Lego EV3 Robots”
Event 1: Knockout Sumo tournament
Each team will build a Lego EV3 Robot and programmed with Mindstorms. The robots will imitate Sumo wrestling to push the other robot out of the Dohyō.
Modified from SuGO™ – Sumo Wrestling LEGO MINDSTORMS robots regulations and game play.
Playing Field Specifications
The playing field is a raised circle with the dimensions as shown below:
- Diameter: 1200 mm
- Border line: 20 mm
- We will have two practice playing fields and a competition playing field
- The top surface is flat and smooth. The surface is black.
- The outer edge of the field, the outer borderline, is a white circular ring.
- Full Rules and details here:
Event 2: 10 meter dash
- Robot built with Gears, Torque and Weight in mind.
Event 3: Obstacle course
- Using sensors and or programming to navigate a path through a short maze of obstacles.
What schools will prepare and bring:
- Each school would need to bring an EV3 robot that has been assembled ready for the ‘Ultimate Tournament’. If a school does not have the pack ISHCMC will provide a kit to be able to be used.
Guidelines: Robots should not exceed 2 Kgs, 6V, 6 moving parts, EV3 kit with expansion kit